LAW OFFICE OF STEVEN J. HASSING


TRIAL LAWYER - BUSINESS LITIGATION

Roseville, California
(916) 677-1776
sjh@hassinglaw.com


HomeAttorney ProfileReported CasesExpert TestimonyArticlesContact Us

ATTORNEY PROFILE

Steven J. Hassing

STEVEN J. HASSING
Practicing Law For 35 Years

75-100 TRIALS
Jury & Bench in both State & Federal Courts
in
California, Arizona and Washington


    Mr. Hassing obtained his law degree from Gonzaga University Law School in 1975. He practiced law in Washington State for 11 years, Arizona for 3 years and for the past 20 years has practiced law in California. His practice is limited to business litigation, 90% of which is real estate and construction related, with the remaining 10% involving disputes between corporate shareholders, partners and other co-owners. He also represents his clients in prosecuting or defending appeals as necessary.

    Mr. Hassing's clients are comprised mainly of real estate developers, contractors, investors and corporate shareholders. They include those involved in residential and commercial subdivisions as well as both general contractors and subcontractors. Mr. Hassing has also represented cities, bonding companies, banks, mortgage companies, brokers, commercial landlords, businesses and investors facing real estate or construction-related problems. Last year, in a case brought against one of his developer clients alleged to have infringed upon an engineer's copyrighted subdivision map and plans, Mr. Hassing's post-trial motion resulted in a reduction of the jury's $5.4 million dollar judgment against his client to less than $28,000.

    Mr. Hassing has testified as an expert on matters concerning breach of fiduciary duty, malicious prosecution, attorney's duty of care, duties between partners and matters involving commercial real estate development.

    While practicing law in Washington State, Mr. Hassing also developed numerous commercial real estate projects including freestanding buildings, restaurants, commercial strip centers and small office buildings.

    Mr. Hassing played football at the University of Washington in 1967, at Central Washington University in 1968 and has competed in numerous marathons and triathlons, including finishing the Ironman Triathlon in Penticton, Canada in 1987.




KIMBERLEY A. HASSING

Paralegal / Administrative Assistant

    Over the past 8 years, Kimberley Hassing has performed all of the secretarial, paralegal and administrative functions allowing the firm to efficiently operate. Prior to assuming these duties, Kimberley spent many years in the escrow business with title companies in Danville and California's Central Valley.



2011 Law Office of Steven J. Hassing - Roseville, CA - (916) 677-1776 - California State Bar #152125 - All Rights Reserved